New Year’s holidays are in full swing, which means a lot of harmful food, sweet drinks and alcohol almost in every house is consumed.
I would like to devote this article to the influence of alcohol on a human body. To begin with, I myself do not drink alcohol, and I advise all my clients to follow this example. I will not conduct anti-alcohol propaganda, but just list 5 facts that only a few people know about, and it will be good for you to know. Here they are:
- The first and the most important fact is that the caloric value of alcohol is much higher than the calorie content of carbohydrates. Not to mention sweet alcohol-containing cocktails that have even more calories than fat!
- The second, no less important fact is the increase in appetite. Alcohol also muffles the sense of satiety. As a result, people, who consume alcohol before eating usually do overeat.
- The third curious fact, according to the research, is that drinking almost stops natural fat burning in the human body for 9 hours. As a result, the body does not use fat for energy and burns muscle reserves!
- The fourth fact is also not so pleasant … As everyone knows, the human body consists of 80% of water. Remember, alcohol consumption dehydrates the body and as little as 1 percent dehydration negatively affects your mood, attention, memory and motor coordination. The brain tissue fluid decreases, thus reducing brain volume and temporarily affecting cell function.
- And, finally, the fifth fact. Alcohol inhibits the production of important hormones in the human body, which certainly matters, both for the athlete and for the person not involved in sports. In the body of an athlete, alcohol disables the recovery processes for 12 hours, which means that your body will have to spend its resources, which will lead you to exhaustion!
That’s it, my dear friends… happy holidays! I wish you in the New Year to keep the mind clear, and the body healthy!