Spark.me has come a long way from a meeting point for a couple of dozen of tech enthusiasts and geeks to a must-visit tech and marketing event for the Balkan region and beyond. The mission of Spark.me from the very beginning was to improve the quality of life for people in Southeast Europe by raising awareness about the possibilities Internet and new technologies offer, through education, competition and networking opportunities. Spark.me 2017 attracted 550 attendees from 20+ countries.
Spark.me brings stories from the front lines of disruptive technological solutions, innovative business models, engaging marketing strategies, and world-changing initiatives, presented by some of the world’s most influential thinkers and brands. We are NOT the biggest conference when it comes to the sheer number of attendees, speakers, or startups – and we are NOT trying to be. We are an intimate conference, with a thoroughly curated agenda, where every speaker is hand-picked. We pay special attention to every detail, and we try to make Spark.me an unforgettable conference experience. Our goal is not to be the biggest conference in the region, but to be the conference that makes the biggest positive change.
Spark.me stage, in previous years, welcomed some of the world’s most renowned speakers:
- Pankaj Ghemawat (one of the world’s leading authorities on global strategy; ranked among Top 20 of management thinkers in the world; TED speaker),
- Rory Sutherland (Vice Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather UK; TED speaker),
- Christopher Fabian (co-founder and co-lead of UNICEF’s Innovation Unit; one of 2013 TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people),
- Brian Solis (a principal analyst at research firm Altimeter Group; a bestselling author),
- Alf Rehn (internationally recognized business thinker, an author and a speaker),
- Dr. Max Mckeown (multiple best-selling author; strategic coach; behavioural psychologist),
- Scott Berkun (the bestselling author, and a speaker),
- David Armano (Global Strategy Director: Key Accounts at Edelman Digital),
- Tony Conrad (co-founder and CEO of about.me, and Founding Venture Partner at True Ventures),
- Aza Raskin (one of the most influential interface designers in the world; serial entrepreneur; TED speaker),
- Sara Rosso (Director of Marketing at Automattic, provider of online services such as WordPress.com, Akismet, Gravatar, and many more),
- Heather B. Armstrong (the most popular “mommy blogger” in the world; The New York Times bestselling author)
- Veronica Belmont (an online media personality, a startup advisor, speaker, and podcaster),
- Peter Sunde Kolmisoppi (hacker/artist who deals with questions of intellectual property rights, best known for being a co-founder of The Pirate Bay).